Mini Size Crude Sunflower Oil Refinery
About Qi'e Refining
The oil obtained from pressing or solvent extraction process always contains impurities such as phospholipids, FFA, pigment, off-flavor and other impurities.
In order to make the oil edible, the impurities must be taken out; such a process is called “Oil Refining”.
Qi’e Group is able to supply professional oil refining plant with state of the art edible oil refining technology and related oil refining equipments, we guarantee the quality of the finished oil and the lowest production cost.
Main Steps of Edible Oil Refining
1. Crude Oil Degumming: Gums in crude oil are removed by hydration with the help of phosphoric acid.
2. Neutralization: Free fatty acids are neutralized by using sodium hydroxide and convert them into soap. Additional impurities are also removed by adsorption on soap.
3. Bleaching: During bleaching, unwanted pigments are adsorbed physically and oil will become much clearer.
4. Deodorization: It is used to remove unacceptable odors by steam distillation, the odoriferous compound are stripped off with the help of live injected steam into heated oil under high vacuum pressure.
5. Dewaxing (necessary for cold areas)
Some kinds of oil like sunflower oil, maize germ or corn oil contains waxes inside, if these impurities are not removed, the oil will freeze easily under low temperature, thus effecting oil quality and appearance. so this process is necessary in extremely cold areas.